Regional Manager Alberta
About Penny Appeal Canada
Penny Appeal Canada is a relief and development organization with a really BIG vision for the world. We want to create the best societies we can and to break the cycles of need and poverty for good. That’s why we work to turn small change into a BIG DIFFERENCE. We are a proud member of the global Penny Appeal family that celebrated its 10-year anniversary in 2019.
Penny Appeal was first set up to provide poverty relief across Asia, the Middle East, and Africa by offering water solutions, organizing mass feedings, supporting orphan care, and providing emergency food and medical aid. Since then, we have transformed lives and empowered communities around the world as well as right here at home. Our vision is a world that’s united and strong. Communities working together, supporting one another, leaving need and poverty behind for good.
Penny Appeal Canada’s approach to charity is simple, yet has a massive impact. We make charitable giving affordable and rewardable, ensuring everyone can help those in need by donating just a few pennies each day. Penny Appeal Canada is one of the fastest growing charities in Canada.
Regional Manager Alberta Overview
The Regional Manager focuses on developing relationships between Penny Appeal Canada and the community, while implementing, facilitating, and managing programming and fundraising strategies and initiatives. This includes implementation of all domestic initiatives across Alberta, increasing and empowering the Team Orange volunteer base, and educating/fundraising within the community on the various programs Penny Appeal Canada has in its portfolio both domestically and internationally. The Regional Manager will report to the Director of Operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Penny Appeal Canada has a strong focus on uplifting the communities we reside in across Canada. Charity starts at home, and Penny Appeal Canada is committed to a 1:1 program ratio of domestic vs international projects. Program concept, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting are all key tasks for the Regional Manager. The recruitment and use of the Team Orange Volunteers is vital to the success of all program implementations.
Design and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to achieve significant revenue goals to support the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the organization. Expand revenue from all fundraising targets to include individuals, corporations, congregations, and other community groups through direct mail, workplace giving, special events, tours, online digital marketing and other fundraising initiatives. Work with the Manager of Grants, Communications, and Development for grant research, requests, and reports for municipal, provincial, and federal government funding agencies, as well as private foundations.
Ensure that the organization has a highly functioning system for donor stewardship.
Ensure strong development operations including data entry and management, donor acknowledgements, gift processing, and income reconciliation.
Manage Masjid and community relations in order to hold collections year round, distribute materials for specific campaigns, and host fundraisers at Masjids. Provide fundraising support to stakeholders working with Penny Appeal Canada. Utilize all social media platforms, including personal, to promote Penny Appeal Canada’s messaging, campaigns, activities, and appeals.
Coordinate and manage all fundraising events, whether single or as part of a tour. Ensure that appropriate materials and equipment are available for events. Have a strong Team Orange volunteer base which is present at all events. Delivering and returning materials and equipment to and from events. Maintaining an inventory count at all times for fundraising supplies and materials
Manage the growing fundraising department ensuring departmental work plans are implemented and progress is tracked.
Prepare progress and activity reports for the Director of Operations and Board of Directors.
Stay abreast of philanthropic and social trends on fundraising and poverty eradication issues.
Create and manage other financial reports as needed.
Manage Team Orange recruitment to support Penny Appeal’s activities. Ensure all volunteers working with Penny Appeal Canada are properly registered, trained, and developed
Qualifications & Requirements
- A demonstrated interest and commitment to the mission of PA Canada
- Bachelor's Degree in nonprofit management, development, marketing, or related field preferred
- At least 3 years experience in a nonprofit organization
- Track record of successfully planning and executing program and fundraising strategies that secure support from individual donors, corporations, congregations, and foundations
- Success in raising significant individual gifts, Masjid, corporate, and foundation support
- Experience preparing budgets and producing reports
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically while also being able to executive tactical tasks
- Highly organized, capable of balancing and prioritizing concurrent projects and deadlines
- A strong communicator with excellent writing abilities, with emphasis on clear and compelling appeals, proposals, and email requests
- A natural team player who enjoys supporting and collaborating with colleagues
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and multitasking abilities; highly organized, possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience working with Raiser’s Edge or similar software as a donor database
- Proficiency in GSuite and Microsoft Office is a must
- Flexible approach to work in order to accommodate events, functions, and work activities
- Drivers license in good standing and access to a vehicle
- Willing and able to travel approximately 30% of the time
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Compensation and Start Date:
This full-time position is home based, with health benefits, and competitive salary compensation. Start date is August/September 2020